Terminal Manager NeededCall Today! 855-I-Work-Safe
SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION *
Terminal Manager Needed *
Denver, CO *
Coordinates, directs and supervises all transportation operators within a terminal in a safe, environmentally responsible and cost effective manner. May also direct mechanics and maintenance activities. Manages the budgeted resource costs, incidental expenses, and vehicle utilization associated with the terminal. Oversees the management of customer relationships to ensure excellent customer service. Creates and fosters relationships with customers to facilitate stability and growth.
- Directs transportation operators and in some cases, maintenance personnel, which includes recruitment, selection, training, and ongoing supervisory activities of terminal employees.
- Develops schedules, monitors productivity and quality standards, and implements and enforces all policies and procedures related to terminal activities.
- Schedules new hire training and assigns trainers to new hires, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all company policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Manages operational costs, expenses, and equipment utilization.
- Administers safety programs; performs random safety audits; makes operational safety recommendations. Plans and conducts safety meetings.
- Proactively responds to customer needs, issues and complaints using company standards, policies, and procedures for managing customer relationships.
- Responds to emergency situations by orchestrating resources quickly, safely and in accordance with established procedures
- Gathers and disseminates information to Regional Operations Manager as it relates to potential business opportunities.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferred
- Commercial Driver's License with proper endorsements, a plus
- Five or more years working experience in the transportation industry, with two years as a supervisor preferred
- Previous experience in a hazardous materials environment preferred
- Experience in managing costs against budget, including the allocation of physical and human resources within a transportation environment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMCSA, DOT and other regulations related to the transportation of chemicals and petroleum products
- Demonstrated knowledge of FHWA/HM regulations and Sentinel policies and procedures
- Experience in using new and emerging technologies, such as Elogs, CBT, and Electronic on-board recorders
- Ability to communicate in English with individuals and groups in a range of settings using a mix of verbal and written communication styles
- Proficiency in data management and all Microsoft Office applications