RecruiterCall Today! 855-I-Work-Safe
SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION *
Recruiter Needed *
Wilmington, DE *
Assists the Vice President of HR in the administration of multiple HR related activities, with a primary focus on the recruitment of drivers and other staff positions, as assigned. Coordinates all sourcing, screening, recruiting, interviewing, qualifying, and onboarding activities with Terminal Managers and the assigned Hiring Manager. Ensures that all recruitment and other assigned HR administrative processes are conducted and documented in a timely, accurate and effective manner. May participate in the communication, distribution, and recording of other HR related initiatives, projects, and programs. Supports the Vice President in ensuring that employee information is current, and that HR related data used for standardized and ad hoc HR related reporting, are accurate.
- Coordinated the development and execution of sourcing strategies to secure local candidates from local, regional and national labor pools that are qualified for open positions in assigned areas.
- Works with Terminal Managers and other Hiring Managers in the execution of all applications to ensure accurate and timely processing of recruiting, qualifying, hiring, onboarding, and record keeping activities for drivers and other positions, as assigned.
- Screens applications submitted for open positions, as assigned, and forwards viable candidates to Terminal Managers and other Hiring Managers for further recruitment and selection activities.
- Assists in providing training for Hiring Managers as to optimal interviewing and selection techniques and processes, including advising Hiring Managers as to what is legal and not legal to ask in hiring interviews.
- Provides insight to Hiring Manager about behaviorally oriented interview techniques in or to identify potential compliance to Sentinel's core competencies for drivers and other positions, as assigned.
- Works closely with Compliance, Heath, and Safety to ensure the background information, qualifying entry level requirements, and other driver related documents are authenticated and that Attestation letters are processed in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyzes data, and provides daily, weekly, and monthly updates on driver recruiting activities, driver selection and hiring, and driver terminations to the Vice President of HR and other identified stakeholders.
- Two or more years working experience in a Human Resources environment preferred.
- Previous experience in the sourcing, recruiting, and hiring of candidates a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferable in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Psychology, Business Management or Marketing.
- Certification as an Associated Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English with individuals, using a mix of verbal and written communication styles.