Area Maintenance Supervisor
West Coast, North and West Texas Area
You MUST email your resume to be considered to:
Directs all maintenance activities within assigned terminals to ensure that Sentinel's tractor/trailer fleet and related equipment comply to federal, state, and local safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
The Area Maintenance Supervisor also ensures that all preventative maintenance activities are executed in a thorough and timely manner, and that the tractor/trailer fleet and equipment consistently perform according to optimal performance standards. Oversees the performance of mechanics working in assigned terminals, and makes certain that all maintenance shops are managed in accordance to Sentinel's policies, procedures, and operational requirements.
- Works with Mechanics to ensure that all terminal activities related to the life-cycle management of Sentinel's tractor/trailer fleet and equipment are executed in accordance with safety requirements, regulatory standards, manufacturer maintenance manuals, and Sentinel's operating procedures and practices. Manages the schedule of the staff at the assigned terminals including shifts, weekend and on call time, and vacations. Approves the payroll for assigned mechanics and authorizes overtime, if required, to ensure proper maintenance and operations of the tractor/trailer fleet truck and related equipment. Supports the recruiting, selecting, hiring and on-boarding of new mechanics.
- Oversees, assists, monitors and reports all repair, overhaul and/or modifications made to Sentinel's tractor/trailer fleet and terminal based equipment. Oversees the costs related to terminal maintenance activities, and reports terminal expenditures vs. budget to the Maintenance Manager on a regular and timely basis.
- Directs the operations of terminal maintenance shops, including personnel, heavy maintenance, facility maintenance control and overall shop functions, and ensures the judicious use of maintenance staff, outside vendors/contractors, equipment and supplies. Helps with the identification, selections and contracting of external providers.
- Working with the Maintenance Manager, assists in the training and development of maintenance staff as well as the purchase, modification, and upgrading of effective maintenance tools.
- As a member of the Equipment Team, provides technical expertise in identifying recommendations to improve safety of operations, performance of equipment, conservation of energy, and enhancement of equipment performance and productivity.
- Provides oversight of the equipment repair warranty process, and assists in conducting shop compliance audits.
- Maximizes TMT applications for assigned locations and utilizes TMT to identify systemic concerns, manage productivity and increase proficiency. Maximizes accurate TMT utilization and parts inventory management.
- Ensures compliance with equipment PM scheduling, and manages compliance with CSA equipment maintenance BASIC score requirements.
- Assists in Emergency Response process and investigation of incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with an accredited trade school certification.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years working within a maintenance work environment, preferably in the transportation industry, with 3 or more of those years supervising other mechanics.
- Minimum of 3 or more years managing budgets and expenditures related to equipment maintenance, perferably in the transportation industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations related to the maintenance of tractors/trailers and related equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOT requirements related to equipment and hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPA requirements related to waste management and storm water.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications required for the role; proficiency in TMT preferred.
At Sentinel Transportation, our people are our most important asset.
85% of our organization (including leadership and management) has an active CDL!
DON'T WAIT- Finally get the pay & respect that you deserve at a safe, stable company.
Questions? Call 855- I-Work-Safe (1-855-496-7572)
Or visit at our website at: